HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SINGAPORE… HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
It’s Singapore’s Birthday today! To commemorate such a special day, I’ve decided to have a special post today and unveil my cutest creation yet! Since today is National Day, I decided to put a spin on some regular pancakes to make it… SINGAPOREAN! I have written down the recipe for you guys down below in case any of you wish to try it out! It is really simple and does not require any special ingredients! (You could also tweak the colours and spice it into different flavours) Without further ado….
THEFOODIEPEOPLE’s HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE PANCAKE RECIPE
Makes 6 Pancakes
100g Self- Raising Flour
2.5 Tablespoons of Regular Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
A Pinch of Salt
120ml Fresh Milk
1 Tablespoon of Cooking Oil
- Fruits for Decoration
- Maple Syrup
- Red Food Colouring
- Or any other seasoning
- After Measuring the specific amounts required, add the Self Raising Flour, Sugar, Cornstarch and Salt to a sieve and sift the ingredients through
- In a different bowl, Lightly beat the egg
- Add in Milk to the Egg and mix well
- Add the Dry ingredients to the Egg & Milk Mixture quarterly at each time
- After adding all, ensure that the mixture is blended well (avoid mixing too much though as it might cause a textural change)
- Pour the entire mixture now through the sieve again to allow it to blend properly
- Add the tablespoon of oil before wrapping the bowl with a plastic wrap and leaving it in the fridge to set for 5 minutes.
- At the 4th Minute mark, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. As the pan gets hot, remove it from the fire and let it cool on a wet rag before replacing it on low heat
- Take out the batter from the fridge and scoop about half a ladle of batter onto the pan
- **OPTIONAL STEP** Mix a few drops of the colouring into the batter should you choose to create coloured pancakes/ flavoured pancakes
- Cook the batter thoroughly, make sure that bubbles appear on the surface before flipping (Try to avoid flipping the pancakes too much, it will cause the pancakes to become denser)
- Flip with the spatula and cook till the other side is slightly brown
- Repeat the steps to complete the rest
- Garnish with whatever you like
Note: For the garnish I used strawberries, peaches, white and dark chocolate chips as well as Maple syrup but the option is really yours. My dad ate his with Kaya. You could also choose to melt chocolate and have chocolate syrup instead of maple. The possibilities are endless! So just have fun cooking!
Just for Some Ideas, this is what I did